Catering to Students Diversity
The JDMC faculty adopts varied pedagogies to cater to the needs of advanced as well as slow learners. The pace of learning is identified through a continuous assessment system.The advanced learners are:
- provided with additional practice-questions of greater complexity requiring higher analytical skills to help them get University-ranks
- motivated to do research-projects- Student-research-projects or be a part of faculty-research-projects
- special coaching through Pratibha: Foundation Classes for Competitive Exams to students who wish to take up competitive exams.
- Add-on Courses are offered by the college for advanced learning on subjects outside the curriculum but of interest and aiding skills in studentsFor slow learners,
- College conducts Remedial classes to help these students get extra attention from teachers.
- Separate assignments and extra practice questions given to such students for helping them understand the subject better.
- Extra classes and revision of critical topics are organized to clarify doubts for improving performance.
- Through mentor-mentee system of the college, a small group of students are assigned to every faculty as their mentor, personal and academic care is provided by the mentor.
- College also arranges appropriate counseling sessions to help students to cope with exam-related/ pandemic-related stress.