Grievance Redressal Mechanism
In order to redress individual as well as collective grievances of the students of the College, a grievance redressal mechanism has been devised.
A grievance may be any kind of discontent or dissatisfaction or negative perception, whether expressed or not, arising out of anything connected with college/university that a student or staff thinks, or even feels, is unfair, unjust or inequitable. Any grievance /complaint relating to sexual harassment will not be covered under these rules as there is a separate mechanism for addressing such matters by ICC (Internal Complaints Committee).
Student Grievance Redressal Mechanism
To promote the welfare of students, Janki Devi Memorial college has a robust mechanism for handling student grievances related to academic and non-academic matters.
Objectives of Grievance redressal committees
Grievance redressal committees are formed with the purpose of providing a platform to the students to address their issues and get them resolved. The committees are required to handle students’ grievances and provide speedy resolution for the same. In general, the objectives of these committees are:
- To ensure that students get prompt solution to their problems
- To ensure harmonious student- faculty relationship
- To provide a platform for essential communications and bridge the communication gap related to various academic matters
- To provide a platform to students for expressing their grievances freely and ensuring that it would be handled without any biases.
Each Department holds Student Faculty meetings at regular intervals during which students can raise issues, both academic and non-academic, with which they are not satisfied. The department tries to resolve these issues at its level.
A complaint by an aggrieved student relating to a Department, shall be addressed to the Teacher-in-charge, the student faculty meeting held every month.
A complaint from an aggrieved student relating to a college and those not resolved by the student faculty meeting shall be addressed to the Principal and Apex Student Grievance Redressal Committee.
The Institution has a transparent mechanism for timely redressal of student grievances including sexual harassment and ragging cases for which the college harbours zero tolerance. This is disseminated throughout the organisation. There are mechanisms for submission of students’ grievances through online/offline mode. The college implements the guidelines of statutory/regulatory bodies with respect to grievance redressal. There are a number of designated committees constituted for this purpose. These include:
1. Department Student Faculty Committee: constituted with the Teacher-in-Charge, next Teacher-in- Charge to be, the previous Teacher-in-Charge and student representatives. The Student representatives are selected on merit basis for each class/section.
2. Internal Complaint Committee against Sexual Harassment at work place. The Committee comprises of:
Dr. Poonam Bewtra, Associate Professor Presiding Officer
Members – Dr. Sudnya N. Kulkarni, Dr. Sangita Gupta, Dr. Nivedita Sharma
External Member – Ms. Soni Singh (Advocate)
3. Collegiate Student Grievance Redressal Committee:
Prof. Swati Pal – Principal
Dr. Ruby Bhardwaj
Dr. Tara Sheemar
President, Students’ Union.
4. Anti-Ragging Committee
Dr. Chanchal Chopra & Dr. Madhu Gupta – Convenors
Ms. Debahuti Brahmchari – Caretaker, NCC
5. Admission Grievance Committee
Dr. Sangeeta Gupta (Convenor)
Prof Payal Nagpal - English Deptt
Prof. Chanchal – Pol. Science Deptt
Mr. Surendra Kumar – Admin Officer